The Committees of the Ginninderra Little Athletics Centre and the UC Ginninderra Athletics Club have recently met to discuss the merger of the two clubs into a single Ginninderra Athletics.
Among the outcomes was a review of the Ginninderra Little Athletics Centre Inc Constitution – which has not been updated in over a decade.
Over the last two months since our AGM, consultation with the Clubs' membership has been undertaken. Below are links to both the old and new (joint), proposed Constitution. A summary paper of the key changes is also listed, along with the full 2018 version of the Constitution for reference.
Key dates to be aware of:
- Consultation period: 19 May 2018 – 30 June 2018
- Special General Meeting: 10:00am Registration, 10:10am Start on Saturday, 7th July 2018
Feedback was welcomed via e-mail up to 12 noon on the 30th June 2018. The final document is below.
- Ginninderra LA's Constitution 2012
- Summary of Changes
- Ginninderra Athletics Club Constitution June 2018 - AACT / LAACT Board endorsed (3rd July 2018)
Eligibility to vote (GLAC)
- One member, one vote;
- No absentee or proxy voting allowed;
- Parents may vote on behalf of a member;
- Life Members can each vote;
- Committee Members can each vote;
- Families of Tiny Tots permitted to vote;
- Coaches can each vote; and
- Officials can each vote.