This October the most hotly contested race in Canberra won't be the ACT Election but the Ginninderra Celebrity Sprint, a handicapped race over 100m. Invitations have now been sent to Canberra's most popular celebrities, stay tuned of this year's line-up.
When? Midday 28th October at the Ginninderra Carnival @ Charnwood
This year the Celebrity Gift featured
- Canberra’s own star of the LFL Chloe Butler,
- Brumby and Australian Junior Representative Andrew Robinson,
- Brigitte Ardossi (Canberra Capitals)
- Josh Tonna (Australian Kickboxing Champ)
- Chris Nunn (Decathlete Commonwealth Games, Head Coach of the Australian Paralympic athletics team, Order of Australia recipient, former Head Coach of the AIS Athletics program)
- Cam Sullings (Mix 106)
- Scott Jackson (Ray White Belconnen).
Of course Prime Possum will be back this year, but to take on Victor the Viking from the Raiders, Sarge from the Canberra Cavalry and Ginninderra’s own Tiger.
Last year's finalists were
- Prime Possum - 1st,
- Sharni Williams (Brumbies Women’s Captain) - 2nd [12.26s],
- Steve Doszpot (MLA and President ACT Olympic Council) - 3rd [12.38s],
- Nicole Sykes (Canberra United W-League, Australian Matildas) - 4th [12.44s],
- Andrew Smith (Brumbies) - 5th [12.96s],
- Josh Tonna (Australian Kickboxing champ) - 6th [13.02s],
- Cam Sullings (Mix 106) - 7th [13.35s],
- Chris Bourke (MLA for Ginninderra) - 8th [13.44s], and
- Ben Edwards (World Champ Kickboxing, Super Heavyweight Boxer, former Canberra Raider) - 9th [13.45s]
Tim Gavel, ABC Radio Sports Presenter, called the celebrity sprint which added an extra electric feel to the finish of the race, won amazingly by Prime Possum who showed exceptional speed over the dying 30m.