Athletes can compete in mixed aged teams as either single sex teams or mixed sex teams.
The team composition* for mixed age teams:
- U8 – U10 (2 x U8, 1 x U9, 2 x U10)
- U9 – U11 (1 x U9, 1 x U10, 2 x U11)
- U12 – U13 (2 x U12, 2 x U13)
- U14 - U17 (1 x U14, 1 x U15, 2 x U17)
* Ideally the above age combinations, substitutions can be made for a "younger" athlete in an older age group, a U15 can run as a U17, etc.
The Medley event consists of the following legs:
- 2 x 100m
- 1 x 200m
- 1 x 400m
The Relay is run in the following order:
Note: Relay Teams only comprising Athletes from a single Centre are eligible for "winning" the perpetual Ginninderra Carnival Mixed Age Relay trophy.