PARENT & VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT
- Encourage children to participate in all events
- Focus on children’s efforts and performance rather than the overall outcome of the event
- Children participate for enjoyment (THEIRS!).
- Encourage children to participate according to the rules.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing an event.
- Applaud good efforts by all athletes: children learn best from example.
- If you disagree with an official, raise the issue through the appropriate channels rather than questioning the official’s judgement and honesty in public. Officials are volunteers.
- Avoid the use of derogatory or degrading language.
- DON'T stand back and criticise, get in and HELP OUR children.
ATHLETE CODE OF CONDUCT
- GLAC is there for your health, fitness and fun.
- Play for the fun of it and not just to please parents and/or coaches.
- To do your best is all anyone can ask of you
- Co-operate with your Marshal/Coach, without them there would be no competition
- Treat all athletes as you would like to be treated. Remember YOU are part of a CLUB.
If you wouldn't do it at home, don't do it here. Always remember to Play by the Rules.
- Social Media
- Inclusion Program