Code of Conduct for Members, Visitors and others who gain benefit from the Club (Stakeholders)
Ginninderra Athletics is one of the premier athletics clubs in Australia and as such enjoys a reputation around the nation. Membership of Ginninderra Athletics is a privilege and carries with it a responsibility to uphold our reputation at every opportunity, and not to engage in conduct that brings the Club and other Members into disrepute or is contrary to the Constitution and By-Laws of Ginninderra Athletics.
There are many users of the Ginninderra Athletics facilities and Members, Visitors and Stakeholders of Ginninderra Athletics have a duty to ensure that they cause no adverse impact on any of these users as a result of their actions at Ginninderra Athletics or in the wider environment. Members, Visitors and Stakeholders must behave in a manner that facilitates, enhances and ensures the:
- reputation and standing of Ginninderra Athletics;
- amenity of other Members of Ginninderra Athletics;
- health, safety and comfort of volunteers engaged at Ginninderra Athletics;
- enjoyment of visitors to Ginninderra Athletics; and
- physical property and facilities provided by Ginninderra Athletics.
Members, Visitors and Stakeholders shall not engage in conduct that:
- breaches accepted standards of public behaviour;
- jeopardises the health and safety of Members, Staff, Stakeholders and Visitors;
- causes offence to Members, Volunteers, Stakeholders and Visitors;
- lessens the amenity and enjoyment of Members, Volunteers, Stakeholders and Visitors;
- damages, destroys, or lessens the value of Ginninderra Athletics assets;
- encourages or exhibits behaviour not in alignment with the vision of Ginninderra Athletics;
- damages, destroys, or lessens the value of property owned by other Club Members; or
- facilitates the publication of material and/or comments (on any platform or forum) that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, brand-bashing, hateful, disparaging or unfavourable about the Club (and/or is likely to bring the Club into disrepute or ridicule) and or about any other Member, Visitor or Stakeholder including its officers, committee, employees, volunteers, agents, clients, partners, suppliers, competitors or contractors.
Any Member (including their Guardians and Family Members), Visitor or Stakeholder bringing the Club into disrepute may be subject to disciplinary action in accordance with Section 11 of the Ginninderra Athletics Constitution. Any Visitor or Stakeholder breaching this code may be asked to leave the Club’s Facilities immediately. Any Visitor or Stakeholder who does not recognise or demonstrate an ongoing understanding of this code of conduct may be asked to stay away indefinitely.