This Season, Ginninderra Athletics has partnered with Subway Charnwood to provide one Goodsport Award for the most deserving Boy and Girl in each Age Group every week.
The Goodsport Award will be presented to the Athlete who goes out and beyond in the support, encouragement, determination and exemplification of the ideals of Family Fun and Fitness at Ginninderra Athletics.
Tigers who receive this award will have shown the best of behaviours, showing the best of the Club, that week in their age group.
Subway Charnwood will provide in exchange for the award certificate a Subway Six Inch Sub of the athlete's choice.
Athletes names will appear in the Goodsport Hall of Fame displayed at the Canteen and one lucky Athlete's personal story will be posted on Facebook to accompany their award.
Join Ginninderra Athletics this season and enjoy the Subway Inclusion Program each week with the Tigers.
Little Athletics ACT have introduced a new Online Registration System that will go live on the 14th of August 2017 for the new season. Ginninderra Athletics encourages all members to take advantage of the convenience of online registration, including payments.
The Club will hold two Registration Days on the 9th and 16th September from 9am to 12 noon. You can register in person, pay cash or card, collect your Uniform and Registration Packs. Ginninderra Rego days are:
- 9th September - Charnwood Shops 9-12pm and
- 16th September - Kippax Shops 9-12pm
Come and Try Day
A Come & Try Day will be held on 7th of October at Charnwood Athletics Field starting at 8:30am for Under 6 to Under 8 Athletes only.
Start of the season
First official Saturday Morning for 2017-18 will be Saturday 14th October with start times as advertised:
- 8:30am to 9:30am: Tiny Tots, Under 6s (Tiger Cubs), Under 7s and Under 8s;
- 09:30am to 10:30am: Under 9s and Under 10s;
- 10:00am to 11:30am: Under 11s to Under 17s, Open Age Athletes including Masters.
Training will commence at Charnwood Athletics Field on the following days and times. Participation at training is by gold coin donation and pre-registration via the MyTraining web page is a must.
- Monday 16th October from 5:00pm: On Track for Under 6 to Under 8s - Active participation in fundamental skills;
- Monday 16th October from 5:30pm: Monday Masters for 25 years and up;
- Tuesday 17th October: Junior Skills Development for Under 9 to Under 10s;
- Tuesday 17th October: MyTraining sessions for Under 11s and up;
- Thursday 19th October: MyTraining sessions for Under 11s and up;
- Thursday 19th October: Thursday Throwers sessions for Under 13s to Masters;
An unfamiliar oval can be initially daunting especially when you are seeking a group of children who are all roughly the same size as one another. Ginninderra Athletics have purchased some magnificent looking Age Group Flags to help you find what you are looking for this summer.
The Flags will be flying at the athlete meeting place near the Club Barbecue and Canteen each morning along with the Age Group basket. Simply navigate your way to your team and off you go once the nominated Team Manager has signed out the Age Group Folder from the Canteen.
If you are running late, just keep an eye for the Flag or the Team Manager Vest with your Age Group number on the back.
You can also find where each event area is located by following the conveniently placed event flags positioned near each location.
Charnwood Athletics Field Layout
The athletes of Ginninderra Athletics will be cooling off between jumps and throws this coming season thanks to the awarding of a Capital Assistance Program Grant from the ACT Government.
The Tigers are investing $22,000 into Facilities Renewal at Charnwood Athletics Field which includes the construction of two 8.8m and 3m Sun Shelters.
The new Shade Structures will be located at either end of the Oval with the first positioned between the Long Jump Pits and the Discus Cages and the second near the Shot Put Circles at the Northern end of the Oval.
The Grant is a continued investment by Ginninderra Athletics and the ACT Government which has seen over $500,000 committed to the Charnwood District Playing Fields in recent years. The support the club receives from its generous Sponsors allows the Tigers to co-fund initiatives such as the Facilities Renewal with the ACT Government.
Tigers find new way to keep cool
Ginninderra Pavilion is a stand out
Expression of interest sought for club First Aid Officer. Please share with all your networks.
Ginninderra Athletics is seeking expressions of interest for an enthusiastic and motivated person to provide first aid and sports injury management services for the 2017-18 season.
The position is to treat existing and incidental sporting injuries and provide general first aid. You will be required to be ‘on call’ during our Meets to perform the duties of a FAO to support athletes, visitors and volunteers.
The schedule is 1 day per week (Saturday mornings, 8:30am to 11:30am) commencing October 2017 through to March 2018, excluding school/public holidays. This is a paid position (pay negotiable).
- Kind and caring
- Able to work with a diverse range of people including children
- Customer focused role; must be able to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience in pre-Event strapping
- Experience in sports injury management
- Ability to work closely with our Committee and Coaches
- Must hold a current first aid qualification (including CPR)
- A current sports trainer/medicine or equivalent qualification (desirable)
- Individual ABN (desirable)
- Working with children check will be verified
If you are interested in applying, please send in your expression of interest addressing the above criteria to the President.
The club is also seeking nominations for our Inaugural Internship Program. For more information visit the UC Ginninderra Athletics Club website.
Inaugural Sport and Exercise Science Internship Program