Ginninderra Athletics has partnered with CIT to offer industry placements to students.
An industry placement with Ginninderra Athletics will support student learning and skill development. Industry placement will assist learners by allowing them to gain practical skills and knowledge in real industry settings. These opportunities at Ginninderra Athletics may lead to internships, and employment.
Ginninderra Athletics is able to assist students undertaking a Diploma of Sport Development (SIS50612) by:
- Plan and deliver coaching programs with athletes of all ages and abilities;
- Facilitate group sessions with novice, elite or masters athletes;
- Develop and update knowledge of coaching practices with IAAF and Athletics Australia qualified Coaches;
- Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programs;
- Support athletes to adopt principles of sports psychology at State and National levels;
- Project manage a delivery program;
- Determine needs of Ginninderra Athletes, Families, Volunteers, Officials and Coaches;
- Champion and promote compliance with WHS laws and legal principles in a sports setting, including monitoring work health and safety policies;
- Assist athletes to prevent and manage injury and illness by supporting Coaches, Parents and the Club's partner Allied Health Professionals;
- Plan and implement high performance training and recovery programs with IAAF accredited Coaches;
- Provide drugs in sport information to up and coming athletes at a State and National level;
- Provide nutrition information to athletes;
- Receive experience in advanced features of computer applications, sporting technology including Timing Gates, and social media;
- Work with Athletes and Coaches to maintain a high level of fitness for performance, including developing strength and conditioning programs;
- Instruct long-term exercise programs with athletes of mixed age, ability, gender and fitness level and knowledge; and
- Implement a talent identification program for Ginninderra's target populations.
For more information speak with your CIT Teacher or contact us.