The individual winner of each of the track and field events (60m, Long Jump, Shot Put, distance challenge) at the Primary Schools Team Challenge will be invited to face-off with superstars of ACT sport in a handicap winner takes all Showcase Event at the end of the program starting at 11am.
The Cameron Crombie All Stars feature the following athletes:
- Cameron Crombie (team captain) - World F38 Men Shot Put Record Holder and World Champion;
- Lauren Wells - World Youth Championships silver medalist in the 400m hurdles (55.08s PB) and competed in the long jump (6.52m PB), fourth in the Commonwealth Games, and semi-finalist at the Olympics and World Championships;
- Angus Gould - Australian Universiade representative Long Jumper (7.90m PB);
- Vivian Williams - 2018 Commonwealth Games sprinter in the 100m (10.8s) and 200m (21.8s);
- Reece Langdon - member of UC's Team Telford Elite with a 800m PB of 1:53.64;
In order to even the playing field, the Showcase events will be run as per the following rules:
- Shot Put - on the third and final throw a target (the respective PB of each athlete) will be placed in the sector and an athlete can choose to chase the target for bonus points or throw for distance;
- Long Jump – on the third and final jump the athlete will attempt to clear their PB for bonus points;
- 100m - just like the Stawell Gift, each athlete will be given a handicap mark (a head start) based on their PB with the fastest athlete starting from 100m; and
- 800m - each athlete will run two full laps, however the order that they start will be based on their PB with the fastest runner starting last, exactly the number of seconds between them and the athlete in front of them.
Sportsmen and Women from Canberra's elite sporting teams including the Capitals, Brumbies, Cavalry and Raiders will also throw their hat into the ring and challenge the winners of the Primary Schools team event too.
Two additional Ginninderra Athletics teams will join the Showcase Events featuring an Emerging Talent squad and the Red Track open team.
Emerging Talent Squad:
- Nick Donaldson (100m) and Rebecca Guest (100m);
- Jacob Davill (800m) and Chelsea Moroney (800m);
- Csenge Keszei (Long Jump);
- Lekani Mpaso (Shot Put) and Alice Fraser (Shot Put).
Red Track team:
- Jone Pio (100m) and Rose Zillah (100m);
- Raage Noor (800m);
- Austin Tetteh (Long Jump) and Rosalie Carter (Long Jump);
- Stephen Fraser (Shot Put) and Charlotte Rauraa (Shot Put)