The UC Athletics Academy operates to assist athletes to further their skills, improve techniques, motivations and knowledge in the sport of athletics. Athletics is a foundation sport and the Academy recognises that its athletics programs are positive, age appropriate and designed to develop a life-long love for sport and healthy lifestyles.
The goal is to have a suite of conventional and complementary programs that contribute to more future Athletics and Sporting Champions, to increase opportunities for achieving athletic excellence at every level, build healthier individuals and a more connected community.
The Academy covers all facets of Track & Field Events, theory and practical based, which are delivered by highly skilled and experienced coaches and facilitators from Ginninderra Athletics Club.
The Academy is an athletics development pathway designed for young athletes, to progressively move through the sport of athletics. The pathway will provide opportunities for them to:
• Gain skills in line with their skill level and maturation;
• Move easily from one stage of involvement to another;
• Be motivated and have fun whilst developing their skills and interests;
• Inspire them to stay involved in the sport of athletics, for life; and
• Provide athletes with ongoing support throughout the off-season.
For more information please contact us.