Ginninderra Little Athletics Club offers something for everybody! Starting with our Tiny Tots (3-4yrs), Tiger Clubs (5-8yrs) and Juniors (9-11yrs). We are now accepting registrations for our season.
Juniors are the learning years in Athletics. Every year an Athlete can participate in a new event, until they reach 11 years of age where they finally compete in the same events as at the Olympics (not Pole Vault or Hammer).
Ginninderra supports Juniors in providing access to regular training activities in each discipline by our Athletics Australia accredited Coaches, participating in regular Interclub competitions around the ACT, organising Relay Teams for the Carnival at the AIS, and conducting fun Saturday morning activities to the latest beats.
Our Juniors program is the stepping stone to the Ginninderra Seniors. The Senior Athletes in the Club take on a mentoring role with the younger athletes and will often provide advice, support and act as role models. Promising Junior Athletes can not only watch the Seniors, but also compete with them in invitational gift races and mixed age distance races.
The Start Times for this season are:
- Tiny Tots - Under 8s: 08:30am
- Under 9s: 09:30am (warm-up 09:15am)
- Under 10 - Open Age: 10:00am (warm up 09:45am, walks 09:30am)
Some upcoming highlights
- Little Athletics Gala Day - September
- Sydney Road Trip - September
- Ginninderra Carnival - November
- LA ACT Relay Carnival - November
- LA ACT Multi-event - February
- Ginninderra Christmas Meet - December
- Australia Day Gift - January
- Lanyon Carnival - February
For more information on what's happening this season check out our Calendar of Events.