The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the new Active Kids program.
From 31 January 2018, parents, guardians and carers can apply for a $100 voucher per calendar year for each student enrolled in school.
The voucher may be used with a registered activity provider for registration, participation and membership costs for sport, fitness and active recreation activities.
The voucher can be used at any time during the calendar year it was issued.
To use the voucher, give your voucher details to an approved Active Kids Provider.
The program runs year-round, so kids can get active at any time!
Who is eligible to claim the voucher?
If you’re a parent, carer or guardian, the student will be eligible if they are:
- a NSW resident with a valid Australian Medicare Card
- aged between 4.5 and 18 years, and
- enrolled in school (from Kindergarten to Year 12, including those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW).
You can apply for a voucher for each eligible student.
You can use the voucher for registration or membership costs with an approved Active Kids provider.
Things to keep in mind…
Vouchers can only be used:
- one time (if the chosen activity fees are less than $100, then the remaining balance cannot be used)
- during the calendar year they’re issued
- for the person named on the voucher
- for registration or membership fees with approved Active Kids providers.
Vouchers cannot be:
- split between more than one provider or registration (meaning you may not be able to the claim the full $100)
- used for individual items (like jerseys, socks or boots)
- redeemed for cash.
- Please start the Online Registration and exit at payment stage
- This creates an incomplete registration but all the mandatory fields will have been completed and agreed by you;
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the NSW Active Kids voucher (note that this cannot be used more than once);
- Once Ginninderra Athletics has had confirmation that the voucher has been banked and valid we will email/contact you with options to pay the outstanding fees e.g. the final $40 out of $140 registration fee;
- Payment can be made by bank deposit, paypal invoice or at the shed;
- Once Ginninderra Athletics gets the balance from you (the family) the registration is manually completed in ResultsHQ by our Registrar and/or Treasurer;