The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the Active Kids program.
Each year a $100 voucher per eligible child may be used with a registered activity provider for registration, participation and membership costs for sport, fitness and active recreation activities.
The voucher can be used at any time during the calendar year it was issued.
Who is eligible to claim the voucher?
If you’re a parent, carer or guardian, the student will be eligible if they are:
- a NSW resident with a valid Australian Medicare Card
- aged between 4.5 and 18 years, and
- enrolled in school (from Kindergarten to Year 12, including those who are home-schooled or enrolled in secondary school education at TAFE NSW).
You can apply for a voucher for each eligible student.
Things to keep in mind…
Vouchers can only be used:
- one time (if the chosen activity fees are less than $100, then the remaining balance cannot be used)
- during the calendar year they’re issued
- for the person named on the voucher
- for registration or membership fees with approved Active Kids providers.
Vouchers cannot be:
- split between more than one provider or registration (meaning you may not be able to the claim the full $100)
- used for individual items (uniforms)
- redeemed for cash.
- From August 2020, the vouchers can be used in Results HQ as part of the registration process. Our Registrar will confirm your voucher is valid after you have registered and finalise the registration in Results HQ.