Ginninderra isn't just for "little" athletes. There's lots in store this season for our Senior Athletes (13 - 17 years) and we also cater for Open Age Members (18-99 years) through our Senior Club.
- Creating a team atmosphere in the Senior Age Groups;
- Allowing Boys and Girls to compete with one another in every event;
- Playing the Top 40 every Saturday;
- Mentoring and specialist Coaching for all sports/athletes, over summer and winter;
- Promoting and rewarding performance when and no matter where it happens;
- Recognizing and providing leadership qualities.
On the Athletics side, we offer:
- Interstate Trips: Sydney and the Hunter Classic;
- Inter-club Competition: visiting Centres across the ACT (5 a year);
- The Ginninderra Carnival where Centres visit us;
- LA ACT Carnivals: Multi-event, Relay, Regionals, State Titles and ALAC;
- Senior Competition: Free dual-registration with ACT Athletics (U12-U15 only), Professional Gift Races with NSW Athletic League;
- New facilities: dedicated senior Triple/Long Jump Pit and 200m Hurdles;
- National U15 Coaching Camp at the AIS; and
- Working with High Schools and Colleges in Belconnen on talent identification.
This is only some of the good things happening at Ginninderra this season. It is a packed and full of highlights as you can see.
The Tigers are on the rise and we would really like to see you on the Belconnen Athletics team. Come join us and be your best.
The Start Times for this season are:
- Tiny Tots - Under 8s: 08:30am
- Under 9s: 09:30am (warm-up 09:15am)
- Under 10 - Open Age: 10:00am (warm up 09:45am, walks 09:30am)