Little Athletics NSW have announced their team for the annual Trans Tasman series against New Zealand. This season four Ginninderra Athletes have made the team.
- Joe Whithear
- Claudia Todd
- Ella van den Heuvel
- Ema Vermeulen
This season's cohort are the only ACT-based athletes to make the NSW team. That is incredible given there are 36,000 registered Little Athletes in NSW. Congratulations to their individual coaches Brian Daly and Faye Todd respectively.
All four Ginninderra Athletes recently represented the ACT at the School Sport Australia 12 years and under National Track & Field Championships in Melbourne where they achieve some fantastic performances.
The team will compete in the Trans Tasman Challenge, to be held on Sunday, 13 January 2019 at the Campbelltown Athletics Stadium.
The Trans Tasman is for athletes in the U11 and U12 age groups, from both NSW and Auckland. Every second year, a team from NSW (boys and girls in both the U11 and U12 age groups), travel to Auckland for the Trans Tasman Tour. On alternate years, a team from Auckland travels to Sydney.
Ginninderra Athletics has had a long history with this event and we are so excited to welcome 4 more talented athletes into our Trans Tasman alumni.
Ryan Cuzner’s Trans Tasman triumph
Bronzed Tigers represent Australia with pride
Ka mate Esther!
Results from 16th December 2018 at Woden Park.
- Heli Laajoki 14.84s (PB)
- Harry Anderson 13.22s
- Owen Toyne 15.41s
- Eden Thomas 14.08s (SB)
- Caleb Joliffe 12.32s (PB) - Record
- Dan Tait 12.32s (PB)
- Luke Allard 12.41s (SB)
- Ken Telfer 12.63s
- Neil Thomas 14.07s
- Eden Thomas 29.03s (PB)
- Steve Hocking 23.68s (SB)
- Dan Tait 24.91s (PB) - Record
- Luke Allard 25.11s (PB)
- Caleb Joliffe 25.12s (PB)
- Ken Telfer 25.97s
- Neil Thomas 29.78s (SB)
- Steve Hocking 51.41s (SB) - Record
- Dan Tait 59.85s (PB)
- Harry Anderson 13.98s (PB)
- Owen Toyne 17:03.9 - Record
- Luke Allard and Caleb Joliffe 26.03s
- Dan Tait and Peter Letts 27.68s
- Eden Thomas and Neil Thomas 30.87s
- Owen Toyne 15.76m
- Stephen Fraser 42.35m
School Sport Victoria hosted the Australian Primary Schools Championships at Lakeside Stadium from 23 - 27 November 2018.
Ginninderra Athletics Club was well represented in the 10 - 12 years age group competition.
Some exceptional performances from every member of the team especially those who were competing at a National level for the first time.
Ginninderra earned 6 top ten placings and local Belconnen flyer Max Berry (not a member) took out the blue ribbon 12 Boys 100m final in a time of 12.08s.
Chloe Smith's (12G) 200m time (26.32s) in the final where she placed 5th overall broke the previous club record.
Congratulations to the whole team and well done to our members who have made us all very proud.
- Layla Raadts (10G) – 16th– 14.80s
- Charlotte Fowler (11G) – 21st– 14.42s
- Emma Vermeulen (11G) – 20th– 14.37s
- Erin Lockton (10G) – 17th– 14.82s
- Chloe Smith (12G) – 5th– 12.91s
- Samuel Baird (12B) – 21st– 13.60s
- Felicity Gray (10G Para) – 8th– 22.28s
- Mefwewa Ajulo (11B) – 17th– 14.04s
- Layla Raadts (10G) – 16th– 31.51s
- Charlotte Fowler (11G) – 15th– 30.12s
- Emma Vermeulen (11G) – 14th– 30.05s
- Erin Lockton (10G) – 13th– 30.79s
- Chloe Smith (12G) – 5th– 26.32s
- Felicity Gray (10G Para) – 8th– 48.69s
- Mefwewa Ajulo (11B) – 12th– 27.99s
- Claudia Todd (10G) – 11th– 2:45.22
- Joe Whithear (10B) – 14th– 2:33.84
- Lucas Davill (10B) – 17th– 2:39.24
- Ryan Cuzner (12B) – 12th– 2:21.06
- Claudia Todd (10G) – 10th– 5:32.56
- Joe Whithear (10B) – 13th– 5:13.37
- Lucas Davill (10B) – 15th– 5:20.07
- Andrew Camp-Liddiard (12B) 13th– 4:46.11
- Emma Vermeulen (11G) – 11th– 4.47m
- Felicity Gray (10G Para) – 8th– 1.88m
- Erin Lockton (10G) – 11th– 1.20m
- Lilly Paull (12G) – 14th– 1.40m
- Sasha Rauraa (10G) – 12th– 7.68m
- Lilly Paull (12G) - 13th - 8.95m
- Ella van den Heuvel (11G) – 11th– 924 points
A triumphant team of athletes from Ginninderra Athletics Club has returned from the 2018 Australian All Schools Championships (U14 - U18) in Cairns.
The ACT finished with 16 medals, almost half of whom came from the mighty Ginninderra Tigers.
Our athletes also had 30 top ten finishes which is absolutely amazing in its own right and another five athletes earning 11th place finishes too!!
There were also 12 Club and/or Australian Records smashed along the course of the three day competition too.
Among the wonderful performances in crazy weather included the dual gold medals to Eddie Nketia in the 100m and the 200m. Eddie's times were also new club records of 10.61s and 21.52s respectively.
Hayden Todd's silver medal in the 800m was also a new club record in the 800m of 2:03.31 and his 3rd place in the 400m was also a new club record of 53.88s.
Nathaniel Halpin’s Shot Put bronze medal is also a new Australian U16 T1 Australian shot put record of 8.10m. Nathaniel also collected a bronze medal in the Long Jump.
Augustine Nketia Junior earned a bronze medal in the 400m with 49.14s - there was only 0.12 separating the top three finishers. Augustine's time was also a new club record.
Stephen Fraser threw a new Club Record in the U18 Hammer with 46.38m (a huge 3m PB).
Inemami Ajulo set a new club record in the 200m with 26.04s and Molly Sturgiss did the same with 25.71s.
Hannah Cadden broke the 800m Club Record with her time of 2:16.20 and the 1500m record with 4:53.45
Raage Noor also lowered the 1500m Club Record with this 4:04.59.
- Mikayla Fitzpatrick (U14) 7th - 1.35m
- Inemami Ajulo (U16) 15th - 1.50m
- Tyler Smith (U14) 13th - 1.50m
- Inemami Ajulo (U16) 18th - 4.35m
- Nathaniel Halpin (U16) 3rd - 4.75m
- Jeremy Maranan (U18) 18th - 5.61m
- Csenge Keszei (U14) 7th - 4.86m
- Csenge Keszei (U14) 6th - 10.41m
- Mikayla Fitzpatrick (U14) 10th - 17.67m
- Stephen Fraser (U18) 12th - 43.49m
- Nathaniel Halpin (U16) 3rd - 8.10m
- Stephen Fraser (U18) 10th - 12.90m
- Hayley Herman (U14) 11th - 17.93m
- Stephen Fraser (U18) 7th - 46.38m
- Csenge Keszei (U14) 8th - 13.23s
- Inemami Ajulo (U16) 14th - 12.80s
- Austin Tetteh (U16) 11th - 11.70s
- Nathaniel Halpin (U16) 5th - 13.04s
- Eddie Osei-Nketia (U18) 1st - 10.61s
- Jeremy Maranan (U18) 19th - 11.86s
- Sara Wallace (U14) 10th - 13.38s
- Csenge Keszei (U14) 12th - 27.03s
- Inemami Ajulo (U16) 12th - 26.04s
- Molly Sturgiss (U18) 11th - 25.71s
- Austin Tetteh (U16) 12th - 23.36s
- Augustine Nketia (U16) 6th - 22.86s
- Nathaniel Halpin (U16) 5th - 26.67s
- Eddie Osei-Nketia (U18) 1st - 21.52s
- Jeremy Maranan (U18) 17th - 23.98s
- Sara Wallace (U14) 11th - 26.72s
- Augustine Nketia (U16) 3rd - 49.14s
- Molly Sturgiss (U18) 13th - 58.87s
- Hayden Todd (U14) 3rd - 53.88s
- Peter Vermeulen (U14) 8th - 57.78s
- Sara Wallace (U14) 10th - 1:02.55
- Hannah Cadden (U16) 5th - 2:16.20
- Hayden Todd (U14) 2nd - 2:03.31
- Peter Vermeulen (U14) 10th - 2:18.31
- Abshirbile Noor (U16) 17th - 2:08.93
- Jacob Todd (U18) 16th - 2:06.59
- Hannah Cadden (U16) 12th - 4:49.63
- Jacob Miller (U14) 8th - 4:53.45
- Abshirbile Noor (U16) 10th - 4:13.34
- Raage Noor (U18) 10th - 4:04.59
- Raage Noor (U18) 9th - 8:56.63
2000m Steeple Chase
- Hannah Cadden (U16) 6th - 7:27.7
- Jacob Todd (U18) 11th - 7:10.8
- Molly Sturgiss (U18) 7th - 1:04.01
- Harrison Francis (U16) 15th - 29.20s
- Harrison Francis (U16) 17th - 15.89s
- Brodie Goecke-Beard (U14) 9th - 14.45s
- Harry Anderson (U14) 10th - 14.67s
The 2018 LAACT Relay Carnival is this Saturday 15th December at Woden Park near the Canberra Hospital.
If you didn't get to register online (by Wednesday 5/12/18) don't panic you can still turn up on the day for this carnival! It is free.
To make your experience as good as possible we have prepared some tips for you:
- Athletes are to be accompanied by an adult/guardian etc for the day (I think we decided that this is the case)
- Upon arrival please check in with the GAC team at the yellow tent to get your child’s name ticked off.
- Competitors will need to have a Coles badge on the front of their uniform to be able to compete (available on the day at the GAC tent)
- If you are unable to fill the volunteer shift allocated to you, please find a replacement and let the GAC team at the yellow tent know.
- Slip, slop, slap and bring plenty of H2O
- For U6 to U8 suggested arrival time is 8:15am.
- For U9 to U17 suggested arrival time is 10:15am.
Tips for Officiating
Twilight Meet - Friday 14th December 2018
Ginninderra Athletics will also host a Friday night twilight meet that starts at 5:30pm for all age groups. You do not need to attend both events. We would love for as many families as possible to represent the club this Saturday at the Relay Carnival.
2018 Little Athletics ACT Relays – Nominations are now being taken