The LAACT Relay Championship is being held on Saturday 16th December at the Woden Synthetic Athletics Track near the Canberra Hospital.
The Association requires Athletes to pre-register to avoid having to spend 30 minutes writing names on the Field event result sheets.
Ginninderra Athletics is asking every member to consider representing the club at the first Association Carnival of the season. This is our chance to come together as a Club and participate as one. There is no limit on the number of athletes or teams a Club can enter.
Please complete the club's pre-registration form. We'd love to see a sea of Yellow at Woden this December.
Little Athletics ACT have introduced a new Online Registration System that will go live on the 14th of August 2017 for the new season. Ginninderra Athletics encourages all members to take advantage of the convenience of online registration, including payments.
The Club will hold two Registration Days on the 9th and 16th September from 9am to 12 noon. You can register in person, pay cash or card, collect your Uniform and Registration Packs. Ginninderra Rego days are:
- 9th September - Charnwood Shops 9-12pm and
- 16th September - Kippax Shops 9-12pm
Come and Try Day
A Come & Try Day will be held on 7th of October at Charnwood Athletics Field starting at 8:30am for Under 6 to Under 8 Athletes only.
Start of the season
First official Saturday Morning for 2017-18 will be Saturday 14th October with start times as advertised:
- 8:30am to 9:30am: Tiny Tots, Under 6s (Tiger Cubs), Under 7s and Under 8s;
- 09:30am to 10:30am: Under 9s and Under 10s;
- 10:00am to 11:30am: Under 11s to Under 17s, Open Age Athletes including Masters.
Training will commence at Charnwood Athletics Field on the following days and times. Participation at training is by gold coin donation and pre-registration via the MyTraining web page is a must.
- Monday 16th October from 5:00pm: On Track for Under 6 to Under 8s - Active participation in fundamental skills;
- Monday 16th October from 5:30pm: Monday Masters for 25 years and up;
- Tuesday 17th October: Junior Skills Development for Under 9 to Under 10s;
- Tuesday 17th October: MyTraining sessions for Under 11s and up;
- Thursday 19th October: MyTraining sessions for Under 11s and up;
- Thursday 19th October: Thursday Throwers sessions for Under 13s to Masters;
Expression of interest sought for club First Aid Officer. Please share with all your networks.
Ginninderra Athletics is seeking expressions of interest for an enthusiastic and motivated person to provide first aid and sports injury management services for the 2017-18 season.
The position is to treat existing and incidental sporting injuries and provide general first aid. You will be required to be ‘on call’ during our Meets to perform the duties of a FAO to support athletes, visitors and volunteers.
The schedule is 1 day per week (Saturday mornings, 8:30am to 11:30am) commencing October 2017 through to March 2018, excluding school/public holidays. This is a paid position (pay negotiable).
- Kind and caring
- Able to work with a diverse range of people including children
- Customer focused role; must be able to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience in pre-Event strapping
- Experience in sports injury management
- Ability to work closely with our Committee and Coaches
- Must hold a current first aid qualification (including CPR)
- A current sports trainer/medicine or equivalent qualification (desirable)
- Individual ABN (desirable)
- Working with children check will be verified
If you are interested in applying, please send in your expression of interest addressing the above criteria to the President.
The club is also seeking nominations for our Inaugural Internship Program. For more information visit the UC Ginninderra Athletics Club website.
Inaugural Sport and Exercise Science Internship Program
The University of Canberra Ginninderra Athletics Club have commenced the 2017 Winter Cross Country Series on Lake Ginninderra each fortnight.
Every Cross Country event isn't measured by the amount of Personal Bests someone gets, it is also gauged by how it can be just as much fun for everyone doing it.
The Tigers' Fun Run course starts and finishes at the idyllic Waterfall on Lake Ginninderra. The route loops itself in a figure eight around John Knight Memorial Park and the UC Bushland near Ressies with good views of the Roos of UC.
There are many undulating sections with grass, bike path, the odd muddy dirt trail and some small water jumps to enjoy along the 1.5km, 2km, 3km, 4km and 5km distance of your choosing. For the older runners doing 3 to 5km the course repeats itself to double up the challenges in the second half of each route.
Winter Cross Country is as close as you can get to Playing at running.
The course with its different elements allows imagination and creativity to take place, and there is no particular rules and no significant physical exertion for fun and self-amusement necessary.
The next Cross Country fun run is on the 29th April 2017 starting at 8:45am at Lake Ginninderra and the first Run_ACT Winter Junior Series is on the 7th May 2017 at Stromlo Forest Park. For more information visit the University of Canberra Ginninderra Athletics Club for all the details.
2017 Winter Cross Country Program
The Committee of the Ginninderra Little Athletics Centre encourage all members to attend the AGM on Saturday 25 March 2017 at the University of Canberra Ovals from 08:30am.
The Annual General Meeting will be held immediately before the Presentation Day activities as we have done in previous years.
The Committee is up for renewal with many long serving members retiring at this meeting. The Club needs fresh blood to help keep the Tigers on track as an innovative leader in the sport.
If you have an interest in the way the club operates and the services we provide please attend and have your say.