Ginninderra Athletics run a three weekly program of events every Saturday morning over summer.
- The first competition of the Season is Saturday 14th October 2017.
- The youngest age groups (Tiny Tots to Under 8s) begin at 08:30am for their one hour session;
- The Under 9s and Under 10s start their session at 09:30am; and
- The Under 11s to Open Age Athletes start at 10:00am with Warm-ups at 09:45am and Walking events at 09:30am.
Training is run on Monday to Thursday and Competitions are held on a Saturday morning at Charnwood Athletics Field. Training begins on the following dates:
- Monday 16th October from 5:00pm: On Track for Under 6 to Under 8s - Active participation in fundamental skills;
- Monday 16th October from 5:30pm: Monday Masters for 25 years and up;
- Tuesday 17th October: Junior Skills Development for Under 9 to Under 10s;
- Tuesday 17th October: MyTraining sessions for Under 11s and up;
- Thursday 19th October: MyTraining sessions for Under 11s and up;
- Thursday 19th October: Thursday Throwers sessions for Under 13s to Masters;
Check the Calendar for this week's events.
The order of the events each week has been spaced to minimise the amount of waiting as much as possible. Ideally most age groups should be able to freely compete in each event without any long delays. To make every Saturday a success, check out our tips and tricks on being a Team Manager.
Events by Age Group
All Ginninderra Athletes can participate in the 100m, 200m, Shot Put, Discus and Long Jump. As an athlete gets older they may also enter the following events:
U6G 300m Vortex U6B 300m Vortex U7G 500m 60mH U7B 500m 60mH U8G 60mH Turbo 700m HJ Scissors U8B 60mH Turbo 700m HJ Scissors U9G 700mW 800m U9B 700mW 800m U10G Turbo 70m 1500m U10B Turbo 70m 1500m U11G Triple 1100mW Javelin HJ Flop U11B Triple 1100mW Javelin HJ Flop U12G 1500mW U12B 1500mW U13G 80mH 200mH U13B 80mH 200mH U14G 80mH U14B 90mH U15G+ 90mH 300mH U15B+ 100mH 300mH
Athletes may only compete in the events listed in the weekly program of events. Only in wet weather will a modified program be offered and an event is substituted, but this is a very rare occurance.